As a Subscriber, SAGE Technology Partners collects and processes information from you through the Customer’s instance of the Service (e.g. a Customer's organization or workspace, but for purposes of this Policy referred to as the “Workspace”), including all associated messages, attachments, files, tasks, projects and project names, team names, channels, conversations, and other content submitted through the Service (“Workspace Content”). Because the Customer controls the Workspace used by Subscribers, if you have any questions about the Customer’s specific Workspace settings and privacy practices, please contact the Customer whose Workspace you use. If you are a Subscriber located in the European Union, please note that the Customer is the data controller with respect to the processing of your Workspace Content pursuant to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
B. Collection and Use of Subscriber Information
This section explains the information we collect from Subscribers. We do not require Subscribers to provide us with information. However, certain information, such as account log-in data, is required to provide you with access to the Service, and other information may be collected automatically as you use the Service.
- Workspace Content: Workspace Content is collected, used, and shared by SAGE Technology Partners in accordance with the Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement, or as required by applicable law. The Customer, and not SAGE Technology Partners, determines its own, internal policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, sharing, and retention of Workspace Content which may apply to your use of the Service. For example, a Customer may provide or remove access to the Service, enable or disable third party integrations, manage permissions, retention and export settings, transfer or assign teams, or share projects. Please check with the Customer about the policies and settings that they have instituted with respect the Workspace Content that you provide when using the Service.
- Account Information: To set up your SAGE Technology Partners account, you or the Customer will provide us with basic information about you which may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and password. You will then have the ability to provide optional profile information, such as a photograph or basic demographic data. With your permission, we may also upload calendar information stored on your mobile device to your account. If you submit payment information in connection with your use of the Service, we utilize a third party credit card payment processing company to collect payment information, including your credit card number, billing address, and phone number. In such circumstances, the third party service provider, and not SAGE Technology Partners, stores your payment information on our behalf.
- Service Usage Information: As you use the Service, we collect information about how you use and interact with the Service (“Service Usage Information”). Such information includes:
- Device information: When you access the Service using a mobile device, we collect certain device information, including the type of device you are using, its operating system, and mobile network information, which may include your mobile phone number. We may also collect your MAC address and other unique device identifiers.
- Log files: When you use the Service, our servers automatically record information in server log files. These log files may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type and settings, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, date and time stamp information, language preferences, data from cookies and similar technologies, and other such information.
- Location information: We collect and process general information about the location of the device from which you are accessing the Service (e.g., approximate geographic location inferred from an IP address).
- Workspace Use Metadata: When you interact with the Service, metadata is generated that provides high-level (non-content) information about the way you work in your Workspace. For example, we may log the number of Workspaces you work in; the number of tasks to which you are assigned; the features and embedded Service content you interact with; the types of files you share; and what, if any, third party services and integrations you use.
- Other Information: You may provide us with information when you interact with us in other ways, such as when you submit requests or questions to us via forms or email (e.g., support forms, sales forms, user research participation forms); information you provide in connection with SAGE Technology Partners sweepstakes, contests, or research studies in which you choose to participate; beta testing; and requests for customer support and technical assistance (collectively, “Other Information”).
- Information Collected from Third-Party Integrations: If you choose to use or connect to third-party integrations through the Service, or if you are required or permitted to do so by a Customer, such third parties may allow us to have access to and store additional information about your interaction with those services as it relates to your use of the Service. If you initiate these connections, you also understand that we will share information about you that is required to enable your use of the third-party integration through the Service. If you do not wish to have this information shared, do not initiate these connections. By enabling these connections, you authorize us to connect and access the information provided through these connections, and you understand that the privacy policies of these third parties govern such connections.
C. How Does SAGE Technology Partners Use Subscriber Information?
This section explains how SAGE Technology Partners uses information collected from Subscribers.
- Workspace Content: SAGE Technology Partners may view and use Workspace Content collected from and about Subscribers only as necessary:
- To maintain, provide and improve the Service
- To prevent or address technical or security issues and resolve support requests
- To investigate when we have a good faith belief, or have received a complaint alleging, that such Workspace Content is in violation of the User
- To comply with a valid legal subpoena, request, or other lawful process
- As otherwise expressly permitted in writing by the Customer
- Information: Account Information, Service Usage Information, Information from Third Party Integrations, and Other Information. SAGE Technology Partners may use these categories of information collected from and about Subscribers to:
- Maintain, provide, and improve the Service
- Respond to your requests for information
- Prevent or address technical or security issues and resolve support requests
- Investigate in good faith alleged violations of our User Terms of Service
- Comply with a valid legal subpoena, request, or other lawful process
- Help us better understand user interests and needs, and customize the Service for our users
- Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding use of the Service
- Protect the Service and our users
- Communicate with you via email and through the Service about important notices and updates regarding the Service, such as to inform you about changes in the Service, our service offerings, and important services-related notices, such as about security and fraud. Because these communications are an important part of the Service, you may not opt out of them
- In accordance with applicable legal obligations, communicate with you about promotions, offers, and news about SAGE Technology Partners. You have the ability to unsubscribe from such promotional communications
- Provide cross-device management of your account. For example, we may locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones or tablets), or work with service providers that do this, in order to save your preferences across devices and analyze usage of the Service. If you wish to opt out of the ability of one our service providers, Google Analytics, to locate you across devices in this way, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here
D. Sharing of Subscriber Information
In accordance with the applicable Customer Agreement, we may share the information we collect from Subscribers as follows:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries: We may share the information we collect within the SAGE Technology Partners family of companies.
- Service Providers: We may provide access to or share your information with select third parties that use the information only to perform services on our behalf. These third parties provide a variety of services to us, including without limitation sales, marketing, provision of content and features, analytics, data storage, security, fraud prevention, and other services.
- Business Transactions: If the ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner so that the Service can continue to operate. In such case, your information would remain subject to the promises and commitments contained in this Policy until such time as the acquiring party modifies it. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, SAGE Technology Partners will comply with such restrictions.
- Consistent with your settings within the Service: Please note that the Workspace Content you submit through the Service may be viewable by other users in your Workspace and within your organization, depending on the specific settings you and your organization have selected
E. Aggregate De-Identified Data
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Service so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/De-Identified Information”). We may use Aggregate/De-Identified Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and analytics, and may also share such data with any third parties, including partners, affiliates, services providers, and others.
F. Combined Information
We may combine the information that we collect through the Service with information that we receive from other sources, both online and offline, and use such combined information in accordance with this Policy and the Customer Agreement.
G. Data Retention
We will retain your information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, or where the Customer Agreement requires or permits specific retention or deletion periods.
H. Data Subject Rights
Please contact your Workspace owner(s) or administrator(s) to exercise any data subject rights you have under applicable local laws, including your ability to access, delete, rectify, transfer, or object under the GDPR.